Group Etiquette are some of important skills that one need to learn in todays world of WhatsApp and other messenger apps and social media. I received this message on WhatsApp so not sure who put these together but I really like the content. There are 9 things that make a group active and keep harmony in group.
- Always learn to appreciate other people’s posts, even if they are not your friend. It makes them feel important and encouraged to come up with something more positive.
- Never run people down on the platform in a group chat. You will cause them to withdraw and will never come up with their objective views on issues.
- When you see something you don’t like from a member, inbox the person. Don’t attack him/her on the platform publicly
- Never publicly insult or use unpleasant languages on members. You expose your uncultured manners and attitude to people and may turn the platform to combat ground.
- Be quick to say sorry and apologize when u have erred. It helps to bring down the tension which your utterances must have created.
- Don’t try to enforce your ideas or suggestions on members. Nobody has monopoly of knowledge, allow majority conclusions to prevail on issues.
- Never settle scores with anybody on a general group chat. It will give others the opportunity to take sides, thereby causing others to withdraw.
- When anyone is celebrating, he/she may not need to be your friend before you celebrate with that person. It’s the spirit of brotherliness
- Some have the gift of talking and others the gift of reading.
- Learn to contribute to the group… Even if it is just using the symbol … It makes people know that you appreciate the group.
There are 3 types of posts you will always see on a group chat.
(A) Offensive posts.. Don’t attack the person, it could be a mistake.
(B) lnspirational/educative posts
Commend the person.. Don’t just read and keep quiet.
(C) Meaningless/wrong/uninformed posts
Start by appreciating the writer, then correct the information, but don’t hush him/her up with condemnation.
#Be kindly affectionate to one another
Courtesy – Forwarded by KD , Writer unknown.